Tuesday 8 April 2014

We will create beauty

After weeks of pre-production preparation and panic we have finally arrived at the big day everybody is has been working their socks off for. Tonight at John Cabot University, an international university here in Rome, we will be performing our opening show of 'Nine'.

It's tense, exciting and nerve racking before a show. I can't speak for myself as an actor (god knows how terrified they must be!) however nerves do still creep up when you're up in that little magic tech box above the audience. A skill I have learnt here at the theatre is how to operate light and sound boards and so this has recently been my responsibility during the show - and I really enjoy it (AND get to see the show!)

Initially I would have expected to be backstage with the actors so that I could help them into their costumes and ensure that they are ready to go - however, with a role elsewhere this has meant I have instilled a confidence in them to dress themselves and help each other. I actually think this has worked out for the best. I'm not backstage fussing over them, perfecting every crease and ruffle and i'm sure it's as satisfying for me as it is to them when they come out looking fabulous.

Here's a sneak-peek photo of the Folies Bergere song from last nights dress rehearsal:



"We will create beauty"



No comments:

Post a Comment